Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Being honest about who I am

I feel that it's time for me to be honest to myself and get all of my beliefs, ideas, thoughts, feelings out for my own sake. I am on a journey to learn to love myself...My first step is being honest about who I am.

I am so scared I will fail at anything I try, sometimes I think I set myself up for failure. This is something I have been trying to over come for years, I know it my heart I am smart. I know I can succeed, but there is always that fear lingering...I can't make it go away. After years of being told that I will never be anything, a failure I guess it kind of embeds itself deep inside. Trying to get rid of those thoughts has become an impossible feat for me, I can push them aside but not rid myself of them. It has infected every part of me.

I don't believe in god, but I also believe no religion is wrong. Everyone has the right to believe what they want.
I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I believe in the power of the heart and mind.
I believe in ghosts, I have seen to many to not believe.
I believe there are Spirits/Angels watching over us.
I believe all people are created equal.
I believe love is blind.
I believe in fate and karma.
I believe everyone has a soul mate out there somewhere.
I don't believe money makes a person, take away the material things and what's left?
I don't think anyone is better than anyone else.
I believe being different is ok.
I believe you can't judge people by what they look like.
I believe there are truly good people out there.
I believe if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything!


I would love to say I believe in forgiveness, but I don't. I can let go of some things, but there are many things I never truly forgive.
If I become your friend you will have all of me, I will always be there, I will always listen and hear what you are saying, I will be there waiting to hug you when you do something I think is stupid and get hurt, I will not abandon you, I will respect your beliefs and your feelings...But I will expect the same from you. There are very few people I have met that are willing to give what they get, and because of this I have very few friends. But the friends I do have mean the world to me and have helped me more than you know.

I am not the type of person who needs material things...I would rather have a heart felt card with heart felt journaling than a diamond. I need to be told thank you when I do things for you, I don't want money. If I make you dinner, say thank you...That is all I ask, a simple thank you...If it was good and you liked it, tell me so...If it could have been better, tell me so I can do better next time. I need to hear these things. I don't mind helping, I don't mind going out of my way, if I have plans and you need something I will drop everything for you...All I want is a THANK YOU!
If I am upset, don't leave me...Give me a hug, I would do the same for you.
I am done doing things for people who find it to much of an inconvenience to even say thank you...I have said it a hundred times and keep doing, but I am done. I can't keep doing this to myself.




















Kit "Mocha Valentine" by Booland Designs
Found at Stone Accent Studio

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi .... YOU're Kathy!
I don't know what to say... I'm reading your blog and am dumbfounded. When you submitted that layout 'being honest' to my challenge, I never knew that you were one of Candee's friends.
I'm so glad to meet you on your blog! How talented you are, and brave, and full of wisdom!
blessings
Stella
PS: Can I please share your words "Being Honest" on one of my yahoo groups - we are only 4 women there. May I??? Please???? & Thank you!!!
botanicals@soulopen.com

About Me

My photo
I am lead CT for Candee she is a fabulous designer, and an even better friend. Here you will find LO's we have done using her fabulous kits that can be found @ Stone Accents Studio. http://stoneaccentsstudio.com I am also CT for Kris Myers, she is also a wonderful designer! Her designs can be found here... http://www.plaindigitalwrapper.com